…. are posted on her blog here.
This post is so not a comprehensive report about her talk tonight, but more like a quick list of related links and quotes.
Here are some sites she mentioned:
Re. location-based social sites (Sarah says that’s where things are going!):
Re. unified login for multiple social networks:
Re. metrics for social networks:
- Filtrbox: http://www.jivesoftware.com/solutions/market-engagement
- My BUZZ monitor: http://www.mybuzzmonitor.com/
- LISZEN: http://liszen.com/
- CIL 2010: Black Ops Ninja-style Tech Projects: blogged here by Sarah, and also here and here.
Here are some quotes from Sarah’s presentation that really “spoke” to me:
- “Part of staff training is information,” eg. sharing information with staff during the development of a particular project, even if it’s to say, “here’s a screenshot of our Facebook page, but it’s not live yet!”
- “Discontinuing a service is not failing; persisting in a failed effort is failing.”
- “We do not have the money to be wasteful …. or stringent!”
- “Marketing ≠ making a bookmark!” eg. if you are marketing a web project, market it on the web.